Friday, May 31, 2013

Easy Asian - Less than $1

This is one of my favorite easy and CHEAP meals. And when I say cheap... 
I mean cheeeeeap!

Easy Asian

I always come across coupons for Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Pasta. I like the idea of eating healthy but whole wheat pasta doesn't do anything for me where Italian is concerned. For only $.50 a pound for pasta - I have to get it! So one day I thought... would a little Asian flare hide the health nut taste? 
Oh.... Yeah.

Now, this meal has no exact measurements. Completely by taste! 

Box of Whole Wheat Pasta
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce
Hoisin Sauce
Pineapple Chunks (with a little juice)
Coconut Flakes for garnish

Cook pasta according to box directions.
If you are unfamiliar with cooking with these ingredients, start slow, you can always add more! While the pasta is sitting in the strainer throw a decent amount of sesame oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce and pineapple with some juice in the pot and mix well and heat up. Toss in the pasta. Once everything is coated, taste and add more if you need more flavor!
Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
With condiments already on hand: Total cost approximately $.90
BOOM!

*Tips:
*I LOVE using leftover BBQ/Grilled chicken in this recipe. If you are looking for a place to use the leftover chicken from the other night... this is a good place to use it. If it's BBQ'd - even better! Mmmm...
*Change up the flavors and make it taste a little more Thai by throwing in some peanut butter and sriracha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment