Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cheapskate's Milkshake!



In our little hidey hole we use our magic bullet kitchen appliance daily. One of Woodchuck's favorite drinks is Mama Woody's Cheapskate Milkshake. I started making these for him when he was much younger and money was more than tight. I didn't have the money to keep ice cream well stocked in the fridge and frankly I wasn't excited about giving my little Woodchuck all that sugar! So the cheapskate milkshake was born!

It was inspired by the snow ice cream that my father used to make for me when I was a little girl. I love making these because we always have all the ingredients on hand and we don't even have to wait for it to snow! There are many variations that you can make but they all stem off of this basic recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
5 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 ice cubes

Put all ingredients in magic bullet or blender and blend until your heart's content!

Some variations that have become a hit include adding chocolate syrup (of course!) or Nesquik, a banana or frozen strawberries!



And I don't even feel guilty giving these to our kiddos for breakfast before school! My little Woodchuck looks more than happy to have it!

What variations can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment