Saturday, April 5, 2014

Nothing says Spring Time like FREE soil!


It's an old fashioned concept... but sometimes listening to the radio can be beneficial in your frugal ways. For instance, had my bluetooth audio been functioning properly in my car last Wednesday afternoon I might not have learned about an awesome freebie in town! While sitting in my vehicle and waiting for my little Woodchuck to be dismissed from school there was commercial on the radio for a special giveway from True Value Hardware in town for a free bag of potting soil with ANY purchase on April 5, 2014! Then... that commercial had somehow reminded me that I had received a $5 gift card in the mail for a spring time promotion for Scotts & MiracleGro products through the end of April. I had been saving the gift card until the right moment and this was it!



So this morning I went and picked up a bag of 16 qt MiracleGro Potting Soil and received an additional bag of the promoted brand FREE!

MiracleGro Potting Soil $7.99 - $5 Gift Card = $2.99!
Ferti-lome Potting Soil FREE!!

$2.99 for two bags of potting soil or $1.49 each! I'll take it!!

I don't ever shop at this store and I wouldn't have known this promotion existed had it not been for the commercial on the radio. Never underestimate the power of knowing what's going on locally... even for those shops that you don't spend much time at!


No comments:

Post a Comment