Sunday, March 9, 2014

Groceries - Week of 3/9/14

Like previously mentioned on the Couponing page... I do not always use coupons to get everything that I need for weekly groceries. There are many items that we eat every day that there are no manufacturer coupons for and even the ones that do have coupons out there are still not a better deal than buying a store brand. This was my coupon-free shopping trip this week. Some of the items are a little pricey. I am currently trying to drop some weight and so I tend to spend a little more on the low calorie food for that reason. Otherwise I would definitely be buying cheaper versions! The items marked with (*) are the items that I typically wouldn't spend so much money on but for the sake of the diet I have broken down and spent the extra green...



I've already made my weekly shopping trip to Dillons for this week to get some hot coupon deals so the only other nearby store that I have to use is Wal-Mart. There is an Aldi in a town about 30 minutes away but unless I have more errands to run there I try to stay in my small town so Wally World is my only other option!

Walmart:
*Sara Lee 45 calorie Honey Wheat Bread $3.18
Hot Dog Buns - Great Value Brand $1.18
Frozen Mixed Berries $3.88
Feta Cheese $1.58
*Jenni-O Deli Turkey 1/2 lb $3.05
*Coffeemate sugar free creamer $3.18
*Almond Milk $2.98
Green Tea $1.00
Bagged Salad Mix $2.88
Onion ($.88/lb) $.60
Bananas ($.54/lb) $2.49
Chicken Breasts 3 lbs $6.98

$36.08 with tax

I'll admit that I haven't planned meals for the next week just yet... I've been slacking this weekend! So I made this shopping trip completely based on those items that I always have in the house and they were running low so I knew that I'd need these items for the upcoming week! Now my goal is to stay out of the grocery store for at least the next seven days...

No comments:

Post a Comment