Thursday, March 27, 2014

Homemade Apple Oatmeal ($.51 per serving)



On a cheap recipe blog, I stumbled across TheOatmealArtist.com. This woman really loves her oatmeal and she makes them in the most elegant and easy ways. I have adapted one of her recipes and it makes me want to eat oatmeal daily again!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup quick cook oats (approx. $.13)
1/2 applesauce (approx. $.25)
1/4 cinnamon (pennies)
1/4 apple pie spice (or sub more cinnamon)
1/2 milk of choice (approx. $.11)

Mix all ingredients well (I prefer to throw it all in a mason jar and shake the dickens out of it!) and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, enjoy cold or move to a bowl and microwave for about 90 seconds. I like to sprinkle mine with 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar. Only $.51 a serving... Mmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment